Nova Launcher is one of the most popular third-party home screens in the Android ecosystem. If you’ve never tried it, the enthusiasm for it probably seems rather odd. What can possibly be so good about increasing the number of rows or columns on your home screen or installing icon packs, lots of default launchers support similar features anyway, right?
As a long time Nova Launcher user myself, I’m going to share my five favorite features, which might just entice you to try Nova out for yourself. If you’re already a Nova user, maybe you’ll learn something new.
Nova Launcher is a powerful, customizable, and versatile home screen replacement. Nova brings advanced features to enhance your home screens, but still remains a great, user-friendly choice for everyone. Whether you want to completely overhaul your home screens or are looking for a cleaner, faster home launcher, Nova is the answer.
- The Newest Features: Nova brings the latest Android launcher features to all other phones.
- Custom Icon Themes: Nova supports thousands of icon themes available in the Play Store.
- Night Mode and Dark Theme: Have night mode come on automatically at a specific time, or just leave it on for a dark theme.
- Speed: Nova is highly optimized, with smooth and snappy animations that will even older phones a fast and fluid feel.
- Customizable App Drawer: Vertical or horizontal scroll, page effects, and card or immersive options are just a few of the things you’ll find available for the app drawer.
- Subgrid Positioning: With the ability to snap icons and widgets in between grid cells, it’s easy to get a precise feel and layout with Nova in a way that’s impossible with most other launchers.
- Backup and Restore: Moving from phone to phone or trying new home screen setups is a snap thanks to Nova’s backup and restore feature. Backups can be stored locally or saved to the cloud for easy transfers.